Theory: conversion funnel is a simple funnel. Reality: there's a variety of channels interacting and sales/lead are never or rarely a single channel linear funnel.
- What do you want to achieve?
- App installs?
- SaaS signups?
- Qualified leads for manual approaches?
- Newsletter signups?
- Nielsen audience?
- What's the lifetime value associated with objective?
Sometimes, requires hypothesis on conversion ratios.
- Deduct the associated Customer Acquisition Cost (CAC).
- Define budget / channel.
- Organic search. Search is the expression of a user intent.
- You can chose to write content: good, relevant, unique, on a regulat basis.
- You can chose to create "intent grids" X x Y x Z, by dimmension.
- Social reach
- LinkedIn Publishing and group share
- Mail-based Outbound-Marketing
- Generate lists of prospects and automate.
- Clean up your lists (kickbox, briteverify)
- Enrich with tools (lusha)
- Test schedules, A/B test objects, texts, stories.
- Automate (mixmax)
- (on personal mail) Don't give up before 9 touches () but send 50-250 mails /day.
- Visibility exchange
- Guest post, banners, targeted newsletters
- Public relations
- Experts for guest posting
- Agencies (pressking ...)
What do you pay?
» Cost per 1000 (CPM), click (CPC), action (CPA), lead (CPL), signup, install, sale, etc.
Who do you actually pay?
» Attribution to... last click, first click, linear, position based, time decay, data-driven.
- Affiliation (mostly valid for B2C)
- tradedoubler, zanox, effiliation, growsumo, affilinet, ...
- E-mailing (publishers look for 1-2€ eCPM)
- Co-sponsoring (CPL ~10cents, dubious optin techniques, low qualification level)
- Co-registration/survey (CPL ~30 cents, better option than cosponsoring, medium qualification level)
- SEA (adwords)
- Display (banner, video)
- Social Advertising (facebook, pinterest, snapchat instagram; tools: adespresso, makemereach)
- Social for business (linkedin, twitter ...)
- Retargeting (google, facebook, criteo)
- ICE impact, comfidence, easiness
- assets (banners, content ...)
- google tag manager
- conversion pixels
- mailchimp trigger pixels
- retargetting pixels
- data driven
- cut the dead branches in segments
- reset campaigns
- refresh assets to reduce boreness
- hire a traffic manager
* freelance to start
* yourself if core
- give measurable targets and review them.
- process leads
- loyalty manager (cold leads nurturing)
- call centers (requalification, easy to outsource if script is good)
- sales (convert hot leads)
- Occupy your prospect mind
- retarget them after visit of our site
- retarget after specific action
- target your prospect base
- Leading insurance broker selling exclusively by phone on very cold leads
- ltv of few hundreds euros
- massive volume of cosponsoring (20k/day @ 20 cents)
- close the sale in one shot (process)
- nearchore call centers
- 2 lead providers with volume engagement
- always try new channels / providers
- B2B lead gen on facebook : recruiting practitioners for a medical ios app on facebook (casual social net)
- B2B leads on FB can work
- custom audience targeting (blacklist your users) and lookalike (similar users)
- test a lot (multiple campaignes,direct trafic, intermediate landings)
- be careful on auto-competition if small target
- Scraping interesting leads (find prospects on locked down platforms)
- webscraper.io, import.io, phantomjs, casperjs, selenium (and bonobo-selenium), ...
- Marketing automation
- automate repetitive
- drip campaigns for low cost inbound email nurturing (mailchimp) or outbound email prospection (mixmax)
- trigger specific email when user visits specific page (mailchimp)
- complex engagement campaigns across multiple channels (marketo)
- other tools: ifttt, zapier, intercom ... infinite list of tools.